Seal of Dane County County of Dane

The Tamara D. Grigsby Office for Equity and Inclusion

The Partners in Equity (PIE) Grant Program is now accepting applications for 2023. Click here for more information. 

The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Humanitarian Award Commission is seeking nominations for the 2024 Awards. Click here for more information. 

Equity and Inclusion in Dane County!

The Office for Equity and Inclusion furthers Dane County’s ongoing commitment to addressing racial, gender, and disabilities disparities. The creation of this office represents the County’s long-term commitment to addressing these issues and institutionalizing the work of raising awareness, eliminating disparities, and achieving equity.

In 2015, The Government Alliance on Race and Equity conducted a Racial Equity Analysis of Dane County Government. That report recommended that Dane County, “create infrastructure for overall implementation of report recommendations by creating a new office for racial equity and social justice.” The Office for Equity and Inclusion has been charged with meeting many of the goals and recommendations contained in the report.

The Tamara D. Grigsby Office of Equity and Inclusion is Dane County’s agency in charge of Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Contract Compliance, and Americans with Disabilities Act and Civil Rights Compliance functions. In addition, the office serves as a resource for all County departments around issues of equity, disparities, conflict resolution, and best practices.

Vision Statement

Dane County as a community with equal access to opportunity and a County organizational structure that is rooted in equity and inclusion, revealed through hiring, contracting, and service delivery.


To provide and promote excellence in public service through the development of an inclusive, equitable, and sustainable county government.

If you believe you have been discriminated against while obtaining employment, contracting, or other services from Dane County, or housing in Dane County, please file a complaint.

Click to file a complaint